Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My First Auction

Saturday, I attended my first auction as a potential bidder.

Weeks ago, out of curiosity, I casually window shopped for promising treasures on our local auctioneer’s website. Suddenly, it caught my eye - a couch that would better compliment my living room than...

the borrowed earth tone one I was currently using. It looked to be in pretty good shape so I marked my calendar and made plans with my brother and sister-in-law to go.

I made sure I got to the auction early in order to look everything over before the bidding began. I looked at all the household antiques, vintage hats and hatpins, quilts, and books. I slowly made my way over to the furniture, not wanting to be disappointed by the reality of what the couch looked like. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was mine.

Allotting myself a set amount for the couch, I set off to bid on other items: winning a vintage hat and some old campaign buttons.

As the auctioneer got closer to MY couch, anticipation set in followed closely by a surge of adrenaline. Sold! Yahoo ~ $85 for a custom crafted couch that appears never to have been sat on.

I love It!

I see a lot of auctions in my future.

7 comments:

  1. Oh how I love auctions, before you know it you'll be addicted - just you wait and see!

    Nice blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's exciting. I've been wanting to give the whole auction thing a try too. My husband and I have recently really gotten into estate sales. Guess we'll have to work our way into the auctions next! :) Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you that you have a way (and help) to bring things like that home.
    Auctions can get into your blood, as do yard sales. Experience different ones by different companies to find your fit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! And comfy cozy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to an auction, they kind of scare me. You got a great deal!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,

    They are so much fun! I'm going to another one on Saturday. Hopefully, it will cool off by then.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La