Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Black Friday 2011


Hello friends.  

I think winter is finally rearing its ugly head in Ohio.  We have been enjoying unseasonably warm weather and sunshine.  Now, it has been raining for three days and was sleeting a few moments ago.  Time to post my Days Until Spring countdown.  Alright...ALRIGHT!  I’ll wait until after Christmas before looking toward Spring....if I must.

The house is as decorated as it is going to get.  There’s just too much going on for me to go all out this year.  I just need to store the boxes and clean up after myself.  Hopefully, I can get that done before Christmas Day.  
Did you go out shopping on Black Friday?  I did for a bit.  I prefer the midnight shift so I can get done and then go home to bed.  I arrived at Kohl’s at 12:10 AM with my own shopping bag.  They were still corralling people through the doors.  It was fairly warm and everyone was courteous.  No knives or pepper spray, thankfully.

I am a strategic shopper...no browsing for me.  I know what I want before I leave the house and like a Stealth Fighter Pilot, I fly in-strike-and go.  According to plan, I flew in and within 20 minutes had zig-zagged through the store and found the items on my list.

GREAT!

Time to get in line...

There’s the line...

No wait; there’s the line...but it’s going in a different direction.  Where’s the end of the line???  After several minutes, I heard a Kohl’s associate yell the end of the line is right here.  Droves of people clamoured toward her voice.

I’m in line!  GREAT!

The line...that I was so happy to be in...wrapped around the entire store, TWICE!  Needless to say this left lots of time for browsing.  I guess browsing IS for me.  I was good and only picked up one item that was not on my list, a remote controlled car for one of my nephews.

I stood in line for an hour and 40 minutes.  I was thirsty, tired, and more than ready for bed when I got home just after 2:00AM.  Everyone was snuggled in bed except for Jordan’s girlfriend, Ashlee.  She was up and ready to out on the morning shopping shift with her aunt.  Good night Ashlee.  Have fun!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

8 comments:

  1. You brave soul. I don't like to shop at all. I lve to give gifts so I have to be creative and avoid the crowds.
    DId you get snow. I know my Mom did but we got a little ice.
    I didn't put everything out this year either. Too much stuff. I keep reminding myself what I put out will have to come down....and that's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ...we spent Thanksgiving in Marion this year...weather was great for the trip (we spent many years when the girls were young driving thru snowy NY!!)

    My daughters left the house at 11pm, drove to Columbus and never got home til 6am...they had fun shopping all night - NOT ME -I stayed home in my nice warm guest bed and played with Carter all morning while they slept!

    They won't be coming to NY this year so we also celebrated Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow La, I stayed home and took down fall stuff and tried to get my kitchen and dining area back to normal. Haven't bought one gift yet, I only shop for 6 people (my choice believe me) and none of these people need a dayum thing either. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a brave woman! I stayed in my PJ's all day Friday-loved it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your decorations look nice. I went out on Black Friday, too. I waited until 2am. Still got some great bargains. Glad you did too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In line for an hour and 40 minutes. Now I remeber why I don't shop on Black Friday. lol! Use to think it was fun when I was younger. Now, really don't have much of a list. My kids don't even know what to tell me to buy for the grandies (pretty pitiful if you ask me) They say, "we don't even know what to get them.". I just wait till I run across somethig that I think they'll like. So far I've been lucky. They always love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a brave woman! I haven't been out shopping yet. I have been doing as much as I can on line!
    Have a wonderful week...stay dry!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La