Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Life is a Whirlwind

Hello friends.

Yes, I am alive and kicking.  It has been a very hectic and stressful fall here.  There have been fun times with birthdays, festivals, and football.
 
Unfortunately, there have also been many health issues.  In the past couple of months:
  • Niece-in-law - shoulder surgery
  • Brother #3 - shoulder surgery
  • Nephew #2 - knee surgery
  • Nephew #1 - shoulder surgery
  • Great Nephew (age 4) - broken arm
  • Brother #3's girlfriend's son - broken foot
  • Sister-in-law - hospitalized with chest pains
Although I am not responsible for the day-to-day care of these loved ones, I don't worry any less and their illnesses have been a distraction.  I am happy to report they are all healing nicely. 

The one person to whom I am responsible for day-to-day care is my father.  He too has had some health issues lately.  At 87, I suppose that is to be expected.  In recent months, he has undergone eye surgery, his kidneys have been in distress, and he has some much needed back surgery coming up.  I was not thrilled about the idea of surgery, but the problem is diminishing his quality of life.

As if this weren't enough, our family sustained quite a scare two weeks ago when my youngest nephew (age 8), who is wiry, funny, and energetic had a seizure.  He was so brave as they poked and prodded him at the emergency room.  Thankfully, they quickly ruled out a tumor and referred him to Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus.  He has undergone tests and early indications are that this ailment can be treated with medication.  We are very thankful. 

Speaking of thankful, don’t you just love your blogging buddies?  They are the most encouraging, thoughtful, and generous people.  

Lynn always has an encouraging word to share with me when I am feeling vulnerable.  She has become a real pal in the past year.  While I was away from blogging, I received this wonderful care package this special buddy and her sidekick, Earl.
She sent me a jar of her homemade jalapeno relish.  Look at how sweetly she decorated this jar.  Does that not say Hi, I’m Happier than a Pig in Mud?!
Oh my, is it DELICIOUS!!  To my family…you won’t like it so don’t even try it.  ;o) I’ve tried it on hot dogs and in tartar sauce and it is amazing.  I may try it in my potato salad next time, if there is any left.  
Oh, and there is this sweet little sachet.  It smells heavenly.  
Thank you so much, Lynn.  YOU ARE THE BEST!   

I hope all of you are having a wonderful fall.  It is just beautiful here today.


MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back, La. Missed you. Sorry to learn about all these things going on but happy that everyone is healing and doing better. Yes, our Lynn is a sweetie. And a really good cook. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey La! Good to see you blogging, hope things quiet down for you soon! Have a great weekend and take care:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed you, I am glad you are back! I am sorry about all the family mishaps. I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about all the medical problems,a bumper bundle ! Hope all goes well with then all especially Dad. all the best! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi La....Sometimes life just gets too busy..I think we all understand that. Hope your family is doing well and you will never regret spending that time with your dad!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about all the medical issues. Wow, when it rains it pours. My youngest had a seizure disorder. Children's is the place to go, excellent doctors.
    Hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are up to your eyeballs in all of these health issues with family. I understand, I truly do, only it's been my friends. Then I decided to fall AGAIN. Ugh!

    I'm so glad you got that special gift from Lynn. She's the best!

    Hope all turns around soon for you and that things get MUCH better.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry about all the medical issues that have been going on. Your Dad is going to feel so much better after the back surgery. If your back hurts your entire body hurts.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La