Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, July 1, 2011

Magazine Copycat: Taste of Home June/July 2010

Hello Friends!

Today I am joining Debbie over at Debbie Doos Blogging and Blabbing for her fun new link party, Magazine Copycat.  You can always count on Debbie to come up with fun and different parties.  

Here’s how it works.  Snap a shot of a magazine layout or cover, duplicate it and snap a picture of your version.  Share both photos in your post and link up.  This party is great for honing those photo composition skills.  

Speaking of photo composition skills, don’t forget to go HERE to enter my One Year Blogiversary Giveaway.  The package includes a copy of Photography: The Art of Composition by Bert Krages.

July is National Ice Cream Month.  Woo-hoo!  That’s why we love July….that and the warm sunny days…cook-outs…swimming…gardening…fireworks…festivals… vacations…trips to the beach…  Come to think of it, there isn’t much to NOT like about July. 
I chose to emulate this Taste of Home cover from 
June and July 2010.
Photographing ice cream is not easy.
Don’t forget to join me on National Ice Cream Day, July 17, for an Ice Cream Social link party.  Link posts with recipes, memories, photos, or poetry associated with this frozen treat.  You can also link any frozen dessert, gelato, sorbet, sherbet, popsicle or yogurt recipe.   There just may be a special treat for those who join in the fun. 
Hope to see you there!

This was such a fun party.  I hope you will visit Debbie’s blog to see other submissions for this challenge.

Enter here



MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!


20 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the cone bowl! Photographing ice has got to be challenging for sure...LOL! Looking forward to checking out your ice cream social too. That sounds like delicious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that!! Sounds like a great link up at Debbie's. Maybe I'll try it next week. Your picture looks great.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great La! A very yummy subject to work with! Happy July 4th Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing about photographing ice cream is that when you've shot your subject (fast!) you can eat the it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!...now I'm wanting some cool refreshing icecream treats!..love this,your copy cat is delish-ously delightful!
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post and I hope you enjoyed the ice cream!! Sounds like a great idea Magazine copycat, I will have to try it one week soon. Maggie at Normandy life has a great copy picture from her French magazine, great idea for the garden. I must see what ideas there are.

    Have a great weekend, Happy 4th July. Phil and I are celebrating on the 5th, his birthday and our wedding anniversary.

    Love Jackie in Surrey, UK.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job copying that cover photo. Looks good enough to eat...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. La,
    You have made me really hungry for ice cream!! You have copied this so well! Yours looks as yummy or yummier than theirs!
    Have a Happy 4th!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really makes me want ice cream! You're a great copy cat, and I hope you got to enjoy your ice cream!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. You girl done great. We love icecream in this house. Love your version. Thanks so much LA for joining me. You and your family have a wonderful 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a great job! I love ice cream and would have trouble photographing it cause I would be eating it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi La! Your copycat is wonderful. I'm also participating in Debbie's partay and hope you check my copycat post. Happy 4th!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soooo yummy! Perfect for summertime too :)
    Q~

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun (and delicious looking) copy!

    Debbie Doos is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! We love icecream in this house and eat it by the bucketful. The danger of a copy like yours is that after the photo shoot, you have to eat it all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did great with the photo, La! I did a post once with ice cream for Happier Than a Pig in Mud's kitchen gadget party, and I remember the MESS I had by the time I was finished!! I will be on Cape Cod for your ice cream party, but I will try to link up. They have many, many ice cream shops there and I have been known to try them all. Peppermint-yum. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am LOVIN' your take on this...you did a great job...makin' me hungry for an ice cream cone.

    Oh, I have my post all ready and waiting in the wings for July 17th. YAY....we ALL love ice cream.
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh--this is amazing, La!!! And now I want ice cream!! lol
    LOVE this post!! Did you see my antique baby buggy? I'm so excited about it!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think yours is cuter than the magazine! Plus there's more of it! ;-) Yum!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Love your version, La. It probably would have melted by the time I got all the shots in! LOL Looking forward to seeing you again on the 16th. Details soon. hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La