Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring Foliage: One Way or Another

Happy Spring!


I know I have been lamenting about the lack of spring foliage and sunshine lately. Spring is very late this year in the Buckeye State.

I decided I’d fool Mother Nature and make my own spring garden indoors. I know…I know….It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature, but my patience (Mo) has run out. What more could she do to me?

Don’t answer that!

Several weeks ago, Jenny wrote about the wreath tutorial she saw on Patti Schaffer’s blog. Because I always do what Miss Jenny instructs me to, I hopped right over and read Patti’s post.
The following weekend, I went to JoAnn and purchased my supplies. This is MY kind of craft project because it takes less than an hour to complete. I’m all about instant gratification.
I enjoyed making this one so much I made one for my sister-in-law and a smaller one for work.

Take THAT Mother Nature!
Source
OOPS!


MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!


I will be linking this to Blue Mondays.


14 comments:

  1. I have been thinking of making a wreath so thank you for posting this. I hope spring comes your way soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wreath is wonderful, it looks so soft. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a bit of spring right there. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, nothing like doing a like crafting to pick up the mood! Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like garlands all year round. I have a lovely twiggy one that I can add seasonal decorations to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath turned out very pretty La! Looks like you're ready for spring. And yea, it's best not to mess with Mother Nature:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some stormy sky!

    Happy Blue Monday!

    Be sure to check out my book giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh La, what a beautiful spring offering--I love it and it is so sweet and so pretty!

    I actually am going outside to take pics of my art before it rains here, so I know what you mean about the weather...lol

    I hope you're having a wonderful day--and I LOVE this project!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, La! I have to check out this link!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHH! I just saw that DIY last night and am dying to try it! Yours came out great!
    HBM!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute! I'm totally with you on the quick craft thing. If it takes too long I lose interest and never finish it. Thanks for showing that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh la,
    you made me laugh so much: "Take that, Mother Nature!" She answered angry. But that is what will come: spring. And sure we all are wainting so much for it. Your wreath is very springy and hopefully Mother Nature will remember now, what date we have and start her spring in your area, too.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love my wreath although not if Paco does or not! He discovered it yesterday when the win blew through the screen and it hit the door. Paco jumped out of his skin and barked at it for 15 minutes straight! Of course, I laughed until I cried.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La