Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, April 4, 2011

Where Did the Weekend Go?

Hello Friends!

How was your weekend? 
My weekend was a busy one.  Friday, I went to Joel's baseball game.  This was the first game I attended of the season.  The game was out in the county and it was freezing cold.  My car display read 50*, but it felt like 20*.  The wind was whipping across the empty fields with periodic gusts. Although Joel was playing and wearing the Under Armor I bought him for Christmas, he was cold.  Between pitches he would blow warm air onto his hands to warm them.  
Warming up the pitcher
It was well worth it though as Elgin (Joel's school) beat River Valley 5-4 in 8 innings.  Joel hit a double and had some outstanding defensive plays. 
Saturday, I shopped for groceries, a first birthday, and a baby shower.  How fun is that?  

Saturday evening was my great-nephew Jaxon's first birthday party.  I wasn't able to get many pictures because the room was small and I was at an unaccommodating angle.  
Check out those eyes!
As always, Sunday is my laundry and writing day.  I'm trying something new for breakfast that I will share with you on Friday.   

What did you do this weekend?


I will be joining Blue Monday and Mosaic Monday.  Please visit these blogs for these fun parties. 


MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

14 comments:

  1. Wedding shower on Saturday night fun, started Phase 1 of South Beach Diet, not fun....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy's picture is precious!

    Come see my blues, have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is zooming, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy Blue Monday, La.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a busy weekend!
    I met a new blogger friend who traveled up here from the Seattle area. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. La, I love your baseball pics. My son played for about 8 years and then dropped it just when he had some mojo. When spring comes I always miss baseball games. Congrats to the team. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a full weekend! He's a little cutie-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a fun weekend, La!!! And this is the most beautiful baby.
    I hope you're having a great day!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a better weekend than I did..

    It snowed about a foot here and I just stayed in and tried to stay warm....

    brr.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved all the pictures. I had son and grandchildren to dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday night while his wife works the late shift. Basically cooked or played all weekend. Sounds like that's what you did too...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun and busy weekend. Beautiful shots. Happy Blue Monday.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go Joel! I love your mosaics! Have a happy Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had a very busy weekend, La! I used to love to watch my son play little league games ..I miss those days and have to hope my grandsons play one day.

    We went to the Brooklyn Museum Saturday and Sunday we unfortunately had to attend a wake for the mother of one of my husband's co-workers. It was far to drive and most of the day was gone by the time we got back home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saturday morning I went to yard sales. Then I went back to Kirklands to buy a lamp! I came home with other things as well LOL!!
    Sunday I spent the day sewing and crafting in my studio!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed you did have a busy weekend. I spent my weekend cleaning.. and the kids came over on their motorcycles

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La