Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Celebrity Cook-along Bobby Flay: Biscuits

It is mid month and we all know what that means.  It is time to join Lynn and Earl at Happier than a Pig in Mud for Celebrity Cook Along.  This month's guest chef is Bobby Flay. 
I decided to try Bobby's Pepper Biscuits.  The family reviews were split.  I thought this recipe was fantastic, but Jordan prefers another recipe better.  I'll let you decide.
Let's cook!

Throwdown Pepper Biscuits
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus 4 tablespoons, melted
1 1/2 cups cold buttermilk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, not super fine and not coarse, somewhere in between

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Using a dough cutter, combine until ingredients are incorporated. Scatter the cold butter pieces over the top of the flour mixture and continue to combine until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and pulse until the mixture just begins to come together.

Scrape the dough onto a lightly flour counter. Pat the dough into a 10 by 12-inch rectangle about 3/4-inch thick. Use a 3-inch round cutter to cut out biscuits. Press together the scraps of dough, and repeat process. Place the biscuits on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper; brush the tops with cream and sprinkle with black pepper. Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush the tops with melted butter.
I hope to see you this weekend as we celebrate National Ice Cream Day with an ice cream social link party.  See you there!

I'm also linking up to Friday Food at Mom Trends.
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

16 comments:

  1. I don't know how I feel about pepper biscuits, but there's only one way to find out - anything with butter and cream has my vote though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!...you are ready!...so exciting!
    ~Jo
    LazyonLoblolly
    ps I made my treat for the Ice Cream Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been on a biscuit kick lately, they sure look good La! Buttermilk, butter and heavy cream, what's not to love! Thanks so much for playing along:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very good. La, I am not feeling up to par so I picked two easy items to make. No grilling or oven involved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is one of the few cooks whose recipes I don't try because of his level of spiciness. I think I prefer good old fashioned biscuits too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy. I hope you are going on Saturday. How are things?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the ice cream social start tomorrow? When should we put our post up? Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never met a biscuit I didn't like, so these sound great to me! LOL I'd probably have to go easy on the black pepper, as too hot things bother me but otherwise...YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would love pepper biscuits, especially with some butter. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could do pepper biscuits, especially with sausage gravy. I have a new cast iron skillet that I need to season for biscuits. I think these are now on the to do list. I will definitely be back for the ice cream social!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pepper biscuits sound delish, and I think they would go well with my chicken paillard dish. I'll be making them next time!
    See you on Sunday.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound delicious to me.
    I do love a good biscuit.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so delicious. I love biscuits and the pepper just makes them even better!

    I have everything to make ice cream. I am hoping to have time to make and join you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found you from the Happier than a Pig Linky. I was lured into your recipe because I'm a huge BF fan (met him 2x--he's the best!). I'd love for you to share this gorgeous recipe over at Momtrends Friday Food Linky:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2011/07/tips-for-the-perfect-burger/

    Hope you can stop by! We're featuring Chipotle Burgers (Bobby would love them)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The biscuits sound yummy to me...I LOVE pepper. I'll be trying this recipe for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could of found this recipe! Sounds right up my alley. I like basic ingredients of good ole yum-ness.

    Time2EatYall

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La