Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, July 28, 2011

HOW HOT IS IT?

Shoo-wee!

Is it hot in your neck of the woods?  
It has been unbelievably hot throughout 
much of the US with indices well above 100!  

Google Images
The least little effort leaves you wilted.  
Google Images
Pulling weeds for about five minutes 
the other night left me looking like I ran a marathon. 

I was so happy when I received an email from 
Taste of Home that included a recipe for a 
strawberry spritzer.  It is just what we 
needed to help us cool our bodies.

STRAWBERRY SPRITZER
1 10-oz. package frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
2 liters lemon-lime soda, like 7up or Sprite
1 can pink lemonade concentrate, thawed

Place strawberries in blender; process until pureed.
Pour into large pitcher and stir in soda and 
lemonade concentrate.  Serve immediately.

HOW HOT IS IT IN OHIO?
A picture is worth a 1,000 words!
I will be linking to Foodie Friday
 MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

15 comments:

  1. That drink is perfect for the weather. It has been much better here but heat is coming back for the weekend. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that poor baby!!! Maybe a strawberry spritzer would help him feel better too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! It is flip em over, I am done on that side ... here, too.

    Love the pooch.
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend Kev has just got back home after spending 2 weeks in Woodstock. He's just been telling me about how hot it is out there but he loved it...I do hope you're not over heating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH poor baby dog. I will have to try the drink. It is too hot. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, feeling that way down here today too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so hot that I'm only leaving the house when I have to. I feel trapped! I want to do a rain dance to cool things off! The drink looks yummy...it would be really good frozen to a slush texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that looks delicious!! And perfect for the heat...and oh my goodness, that dog is adorable!! I hope you have a great weekend AND I hope it cools down!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there!! Thanks for posting our Mountain of Giveaway button on your sidebar!! Time is running out, I hope you and all your followers check in and say hello!! Great gifts for the winner. I love your blog and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just shudder when I hear the weather reports from down your way. If I could, I'd send you some of our cool North west breezes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum for the spritzer! And 'awwwwwwwwwwwwww' for the pooch on ice! Is he single?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is pretty darn hot here too! That spritzer sounds refreshing.
    Every week I host a recipe spotlight where foodies come and show off their recipes from the weekend I'd love for you to come on over and share a recipe or 2. Have a blessed day.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the dog has the right idea. It's even been in the low 90's in the usually cool NC mountains. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is one hot doggie, lol. I love that photo. I'm in Ohio too....it has been hot here, but sure glad I'm not in Texas where my cousin lives....they're burned to a crisp! Keep cool :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. That drink looks really good. Think I'll stop at the store tonight and get the ingredients. Kroger has some liter pop for $1 each.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La