Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, May 6, 2011

Floral Friday: Hibiscus

I'm back from Florida and boy did I see some pretty flowers and sunshine!  Many areas of the country haven't seen much sun as of late.  

Check out these beautiful red hibiscus my cousin, Melanie has in her front yard.  The color striation is gorgeous. 
Melanie's Hibiscus
Later in the week, we saw pink hibiscus at the marina.  The petals look like they are made of crepe paper. 

I love taking pictures using my macro setting...it makes me look like I know what I am doing.  These are straight from the camera. 

   
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

I will be linking this to Photo Feature Friday. Hop over to enjoy some beautiful photography and to pick up some tips.

12 comments:

  1. La -- what great photos you take. The Hibiscus are so beautiful. We don't see those flower in my kneck of the woods. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. those flowers are beautiful LA
    and you're becoming a whiz at photography!!!
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hibiscus is such a pretty flower anyway but your photos look even better. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics La! Especially lovin' the last one, the colors are beautiful:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how totally gorgeous, La! And the pictures make me homesick for California! There's so many hibiscus flowers there also!!

    I hope you have a BEAUTIFUL Mother's Day!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Orlando, you came buy and did not stop in! Just glad you had a good time! The pictures are gorgeous, I just got a big girl camera and I am on a learning curve!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. La...they are just gorgeous! And that last one had me just staring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shots! I have never had any luck growing hibiscus but have always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O, your blog is looking so pretty ..love the garden on ea side...
    These photos are amazing..beautiful flowers.
    Happiest Mother's Day,
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't those gorgeous?! Thanks for participating in Photo Feature Friday :)

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious hibiscus! Your blog is lovely and thanks for the holidaay wishes !Angela

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La