Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, May 23, 2011

Meet Lizzie

Hello Friends!

For me, the best part of blogging is meeting new friends.  In the past several months I have forged friendships with men and women from all around the world.  People who I would never meet in any other way.  
Today, I would like to introduce you to my friend Lizzie.  She writes The Pea Pod from her home in Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.  Lizzie was my first friend from the UK. 

She brings to The Pea Pod her fabulous sense of humor, which I find so endearing.  Lizzie is always gracious when she has to educate this ill informed American the meaning of such terms as Car Boot Sale.

Lizzie is also a talented artist.  Her work is whimsical, colorful, and fun.  Recently, she sent me some of her beautiful work.  For months, I have enjoyed her Clothespin People.  I was so excited to receive one of these sweet little gems.

     
How can you not smile when you look at something so sweet?  She also sent me an adorable hand stitched ornament and a brightly painted magnet.  

I hope you will pop over and say hello to Lizzie.  Tell her La sent you.  
I will be linking this to Mosaic Monday

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet La. I agree on the blogging friends. We make friends from all over, and it is wonderful to learn from them too. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I aggree blogging is wonderful on my blog Bright Star I have said that it is like penfriends used to be. I had many as a school girl. I think it makes you realize that there is so much good and beatiful in the world.We read headlines all the time about vile horrible things that humans do it is great to communicate with the creative ,loving and side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Love that whimsical ornament:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds like a darling person. The gifts she sent are precious. Our worlds are bigger with the new people we meet everyday through blogging!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh La, you've got me blushing and I have a little tear welling too :)

    Thanks for your very kind words, and I agree it's brilliant to find new friends from all over. I love to read your blog and I always look out for your posts, so a big thanks to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing LA
    yes we do make fabulous friends
    right from the comforts of home
    i cherish my blogging friends
    and i so enjoy visiting you!!!
    i'll drop by and see Lizzie too
    BEAR HUGS
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now there's a clothespin I would like, How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right - I couldn't help but smile, looking at those sweet things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I appreciate your wordsin the Cindy´s blog!!!! you so sweet at all!!!!and I am delighted with your blog ... everything here is very beautiful!You are so talented!!!!!
    Again thank you.
    Already turned his follower!
    Kisses and huges from Brazil
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi La....thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Oh clothespin dolls....nostalgic as I remember making them with my daughters when they were small.

    xo,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a colorful post...she sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree! Blogging makes it possible to meet many wonderful new friends. I love your little clothespin girl... going over to visit your friend Lizzie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La