Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, May 16, 2011

The Welcome Home Garden Club by Lori Wilde

Hello Friends.

Since the weather has kept me inside lately, I thought I’d try to catch up on some reading. Recently, I won a copy of The Welcome Home Garden Club by Lori Wilde, from Michael at Deigns by Gollum.

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be a literary critic. I am an occasional reader who reads simply for pleasure. For me, a book must move swiftly to keep me interested.

Synopsis: Caitlyn Marsh stopped believing in happily-ever-after when high-school sweetheart, Gideon Garza, left for Iraq. Now she raises her small son while her matchmaking gardening club members drive her crazy. Then Caitlyn's world turns upside-down when Gideon swaggers back to Twilight.

Gideon had left town in the middle of night with threats ringing in his ears. A lot of things have changed since then. This bad boy-turned-Green Beret bears scars from the war, the timid girl he loved is an independent mother, and the father who refused to recognize his son in life has, in death, left him a vast cattle ranch.

He still aches for Caitlyn, and now there's a dark-haired boy who looks exactly like Gideon did at that age. Could the child be his? And can this war-weary soldier overcome the scars of the past to claim the family he so richly deserves?

This book is a quick read and ideal for vacation reading…on a beach…sipping a cold beverage adorned with an umbrella and fresh fruit…while being fanned by a cabana boy….oh, I digressed. Sorry.

The story is about young lovers, from dissimilar backgrounds, who were separated by circumstances and meddlesome family members. Caitlyn thought her beloved Gideon was killed in the war leaving her to raise their young son; a son Gideon doesn’t know exists.

It is not until Gideon comes back to town for his father’s funeral, that Caitlyn learns the truth. The rest of the story follows their tentative journey back to one another as Gideon gains acceptance from the town that once scorned him.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

1 comment:

  1. I won this book, too!! Did you like it? I haven't started it, the story sounds a little different. I'm going on vacation. Should I bring it or just admire the cabana boys?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La