Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

LOOK WHO'S BACK!

It is with great relief that I can report the Commander is back at his security post in Fort Pierce, Florida.  If you are new to my blog, you can catch up on the trials and tribulations of the Neighborhood Watch Commander here and here.  
It is still unclear to me where he has been or what he has seen, but I suspect the story isn't pretty.  Showing clear signs of battle fatigue and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, he was very aloof and skirted my questions regarding his long absence.  

After seeing him, I have more questions than answers.  Is he absent for extended periods because he is...
protecting the entire Treasure Coast of Florida?
working undercover for Homeland Security?
simply a free spirit who cannot settle down?
He is a mystery and his enigmatic behavior makes him all the more seductive. 

While hunting for the inscrutable fowl, I came across this sweet family of ducks.  
Aren't they sweet?
Momma mistook this location, behind an SUV tire, as a safe haven for her ducklings.  Thankfully, a Comcast worker happened by and shooed them to a safer location.  

Cheryl reports after I flew home there was a strong storm system in the area and she saw the Commander usher the mother and her babies to a safe location to wait out the storm.  
Hmmm...is it possible???



MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

11 comments:

  1. I think there may be a little sumpin, sumpin going on there. Ducks sure seem to get themselves and their broods into some bad spots. I wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, "duckins"??? I think the Commander is just one busy bird, sun up to sun down:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this is precious, La!! And I love those baby ducks!! I hope you're having a good week~sending hugs your way,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute post! Have a great week :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post...we had fun in Marion - went to the zoo and took Carter on his 1st train ride (which he loved) and 1st merry-go-round ride (which he didn't like much)...also had dinner at Buca di Beppo in Columbus...mm good! I was exhausted after a few days of babysitting - i don't know how shirley does it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I did go to Cindy's. It was nice. I had planed on going to the Barn on Friday between my shifts at work.
    Now seriously thinking of not going. I am scrapbooking all day Sat. and then going past Marysville to Bellefontaine on Sunday. I think it may be too much. I do want to go to the sale the following week-end in Mt. Vernon.....are you interested in that one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too cute and it sure does make you wonder where he's been and what he's been up to...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hanky panky going on, perhaps? At least the commander has a sense of propriety! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. La, glad to know the commander is alive and well. I know he has stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute post. Love the baby duckies. Glad to hear about the comander. He just looks so much like one of our roosters we had that took to me. He did not like anyone else and would chase them all around the yard. Followed me like a puppy dog for some reason. I sure do miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't be surprised if the commander has a few other chicks in his harem. The little duck pictures are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La