Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, May 14, 2011

For Earl

When Lynn at Happier Than a Pig in Mud announced this month’s celebrity chef, my first instinct was to quickly run to the store to buy some butter. Known for her recipes with buttery goodness, Paula Deen is one of the most popular chefs on the Foodnetwork and one of my favorites as well.
Who wouldn’t love to cook with Paula? She is gorgeous, kind-hearted, and humorous.
What should I cook? I spent quite a bit of time choosing the ideal recipe for this month’s assignment. Paula has so many delicious recipes from which to choose.

Finally, I stumbled across THE recipe.

Of course!

How could I NOT choose this recipe?

The name alone makes it the ideal choice.

My offering for this month’s Celebrity Cook-along with Paula Deen is Piggy Pudding!
I dedicate this recipe to one fine swine.
You know who I’m talk about…
He can be seen rooting around Lynn’s blog regularly…
He is a real party animal...
He is the mascot with whom I have a sweet spot…

I affectionately refer to him as Pork Chop, but you may know him as Earl.

Piggy Pudding
16 Link Pork Sausage
4-5 Tart Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 7 ½-ounce Package Yellow Corn Bread Mix (Prepared using box directions)
1 Cup Maple Syrup

Preheat oven to 450*. Cook sausages until done, piercing with a fork to let out fat. Drain on paper towel and then arrange in a 9-inch square baking dish. Layer apples on top of sausage. Pour corn bread batter over the apples and sausage and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until corn bred is done. Serve with warm maple syrup.  OINK-OINK!
Earl!  Why are you hiding?  Oh...right.  Don't fret, my sweet.  This can be made with chicken or turkey sausage as well. 

Thanks for the Earl pics, Lynn!
 
MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

10 comments:

  1. Aw, you made Earl blush:@) Gotta love Piggy Pudding! This sure sounds good La! How did those apples get in there? That's kinda healthy... Thanks so much for playing along-Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute. Earl is a real sweetie and quite the star. Her recipe sounds pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, La, this is toooo adorable!!! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend--You are always so creative and full of JOY!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol great!!!!
    I hope that you AND EARL have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear Lori, you should write a book. I seriously think you are missing your calling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute, La...
    ♫♫la la...la la la la la♪♫♫

    I am gonna make this pudding....:)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, Always enjoy each visit with you & Earl ... hubby would love that piggy pudding.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    5 day GIVEAWAY, pop over

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw her make that! It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi La,

    Adorable post!

    *hugs*

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute post. I love the pig.

    This will probably sound strange, but I remember singing this 3 little pigs song in 6th grade chorus, and it mentioned piggie pudding. I had no idea it was a real recipe. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La