Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Courting Spring: Fresh Tulips

Hello Friends.

I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Saturday.  I had so many ideas for things to do today, but winter has attacked my immune system and I don't feel like going out and about.  

Instead, I am going to take care of the necessities, drink plenty of liquids and read some magazines....and blogs of course.  

Has this ever happened to you?  I got up about 4:30 this morning with a sore throat and swollen glands.  I stumbled downstairs, took a Zicam and two Tylenol, let Bosco out, made an ice pack for my throat, and went back to bed.  This morning I could not find the Zicam bottle.....this afternoon I cannot find the Zicam bottle.  

I asked Bosco what happened to the bottle....

He just looked at me.  I have no idea in my semi-comatose state what I did with it.  I'm sure I will find it long after my cold has gone away.  Oh well, what are ya gonna do?

It's February and this is the time of year I start courting spring.  I will start wearing spring colors to work and will start to focus on the new life that spring represents.  

Last night I bought a bouquet of pink tulips and placed them in a Mason jar with a red ribbon tied around the neck.  Don't they compliment the Valentine's Day tablecloth Ashlee bought me?      

They smelled so good; today I can't smell anything, but I'm sure they still hold their sweet fragrance.  I can still enjoy their cheerful blooms.   
 I hope you are enjoying a peaceful, fun, and springlike weekend. 

I am joining Beverly of my first Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have a cold La, bummer! Your tulips are very pretty, I know they help you feel a little better! Enjoy and get some rest:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better La...and yes I have done those types of things ALL the time:) X0

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wee dog is just adorable!Get well soon La! Have you tried the freezer for that bottle? Thats the sort of thing I would do,get the ice pack out, I'd put the bottle in the freezer :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be a little whacky today La. After reading about the bottle of Zicam missing, Then I read this: "Last night I bought a bouquet of pink tulips and placed them in a Mason jar with a red ribbon tied around the neck". I thought, "oh no, now she lost the jar of tulips". hahaha Feel better and maybe this made you giggle a little. Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi La,

    It's a pleasure to meet you and share Pink Saturday with new friends.

    Drop by and say hello and "follow me" on my pink journey.

    Have a great weekend.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon and find the Zicam. Those tulips would sure brighten my day too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what it is like to wake up with something you never felt when you went to bed. Life can be so unfair. It is times like that that I wish I had a private nurse! lol. I hope you feel better soon. The tulips are a wonderful pick~me~up!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoep that you are up & bouncing around quickly, LA. Winter & spring colds are no fun.

    Love those pinkies ... & poochie, too.

    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh No! I hope you feel better soon! I love those beautiful tulips! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better soon... The tulips really make one think of spring..please let it come soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, La...were you in la la land? :))
    Sure hope you feel much better real soon.
    The tulips just take my breath away..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE pink tulips! Nothing says Spring to me more than tulips! I am sorry you are not feeling well. I know that feeling all to well this winter! We have been out antiquing the past 2 weekends and have found a few special things. I will share them soon! Feel better!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to buy pink tulips first thing tomorrow. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi La, I am sorry to hear you have a sore throat. Those are the worse. Your tulips are beautiful. Get well soon dear.

    *many hugs for wellness*

    ReplyDelete
  16. La- just make yourself a hot toddy! Hope you start feeling better. I wish that spring would make its appearance real soon. This Ohio weather of ours has been a doozie this year. ICK We had ice and more snow today. Stay warm.
    hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. LA -- if Bosco is not suffering from a cold, you might want to check him for the bottle...? Lovely tulips and they look so pretty on your new tablecoth. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bosco is just adorable ~ reminds me sooo much of my sweet Pepper that I loved years ago!

    Happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi La,
    I think, Bosco didn't know where the bottle is. You will find that in an unexpected moment. Your tulips are wonderful, so cheerful pink. I hope you will feel better, soon.
    Take care,
    greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  20. La- Hope you're feeling better today. I love the pink tulips---they just say "Spring", don't they. Bosco is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope your feeling better soon! If I put something where I will know where it is I can count on never seeing it again.If Bosco could talk I'm sure he knows.
    The tulips are beautiful... come on spring!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La