Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Courting Spring: Pansies

Mother Nature was at it again yesterday.  She dumped 3 1/2 inches of additional snow on us.  She's relentless.

As snow falls go, this is the kind I actually like because the flakes are HUGE and pretty.  You could actually hear the snowflakes hitting the ground.  



You would have been proud of me.  I was making the best of another winter storm by setting out a bowl to collect enough snow to make snow cream, reading magazines, and visiting blogs and my friends and family on Facebook.

Then I saw it.  My brat lovely cousin, Melanie posted this on her Facebook page...
   Beautiful day for shore, shorts and reggae music

I know, right? She knows I know exactly where she is.  She is at the Fort Pierce Farmers Market (One of my favorite places on earth) at the Fort Pierce Harbor.  Check out the blue skies.....check out the bare legs....check out the BEAUTIFUL PALM TREES!  UGH!

Then it occurred to me...she may have warm weather, the ocean, palm trees and gelato.....BUT she wasn't going to have yummy yummy snow cream.  HA!

So what if it snowed yesterday, so what if I missed the farmers market in my shorts, so what if I missed some fun raggae music....I will just court spring by having my morning coffee in this cheerful coffee mug adorned with colorful pansies and pink ribbon.    
I will be linking this post to Mosaic Mondays and Outdoor Wednesdays.  Please visit these wonderful ladies' blogs.   

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!


14 comments:

  1. I'm with you, La~ about this time of year winter gets realllllly long~ but it makes spring even that much sweeter! Off to enjoy a nice hot mocha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...not more snow! I know how it feels to have one snow storm after the other. Luckily we only had rain from the last storm..but it was so cold none of the old snow melted!

    Before we know it will be hot and we'll be complaining of the heat..lol I have to admit those sunny skies and palm trees look good!

    Happy Suoer Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO JEALOUS! I want that snow ... we aren't getting diddly vs you all everywhere else!!

    Palm trees look inviting, also.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    GIVEAWAY ends Fri.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We only got about 1/10th of an inch. Those palm trees sure look inviting. Maybe next year I'll go on a winter vacation to Florida. I'll just have to tough it out this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really funny. It sounds like my side of the family. We call each other brats! My handle on email is SB for Sherry Brat. LOL
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I'm all for sunshine! lol I hope it warms up soon!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' your snow shots La! It was in the 40's here today, just beautiful! Not quite shorts weather, but perfect for February:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi La
    its so nice to meet you, thank you so much for visiting my blog. Really appreciate that. I read your "about me" and I wanted to give you a big hug for following your dream and going back to school!! Thats awesome!!! I think a lot of people forget that anything is possible if you just put your mind to it.
    I'm a new follower :)
    Manni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snow pictures are pretty. Bring on more sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're heading back to Florida tomorrow after visiting family in NC so hope we do see some sunshine. Each snowstorm is another day closer to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's good to see that you're making the best of the season - I love the idea of snow ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yikes, girl. come on down. we'd love it. come see us while you're here, too.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunshine for me too!! This is lovely. I am hosting a Giveaway on my blog and would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snow ice cream...I haven't ever tasted that; but my dad spoke of it often. Lucky you!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La