Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dilly Oyster Crackers

Jordan is battling a mid-winter cold.  He is asthmatic so colds are extra miserable for him.  He was certain a special snack would cure his ills.  That special snack?  Seasoned Oyster Crackers.  


We set out for the store and bought the ingredients and made him his special snack.  Is he better today?  No, but his craving has been satisfied. 


Dilly Oyster Crackers

5 Cups Oyster Crackers
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Dill Weed (I used 3/4 Teaspoon)
1/4 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 - 1 Ounce Package of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (not buttermilk)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Combine all ingredients except crackers and stir well.  Add crackers and gently toss to coat the crackers.  Spread on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.  Stir once after about 8 minutes.  Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.  

 
These are a yummy, inexpensive and great for snacks on-the-go.  Put them in the kids' lunches, serve them with soups or add them to your Super Bowl menu.  ENJOY!  

I will be sharing this recipe at Debbie's Tailgate Party and on Foodie Friday with Michelle.  Come on over and find some new recipes for the Big Game Sunday.  

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

18 comments:

  1. I have made these before...they are good and too addictive for me! I am sure Jordan will recooperate a little easier with these!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I can't remember the last time I had these...now I'm craving...
    Honey...can you go to the grocery store???

    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. what a great idea. I will surely be trying these.
    Hope everyone feels better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I always loved oyster crackers! I had a friend who had the most marvelous recipe for them, and I'm glad you shared yours here. Thanks, La!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a great recipe for a party! Thanks for sharing! Hope Jordan feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to make these and my kids loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crackers sound great La, I love dill:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these look so good! I hope Jordan feel better. And I hope your weather will improve soon!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound lovely. I dont have a sweet tooth, but I would walk a mile for a savoury snack like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks yummy. And it is the only good thing about feeling sick, that you are allowed to give in to urges and cravings :-)
    Hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great reminder of this great snack. I used to make something similar a few years ago and I had forgot how good they are. Hope Jordan is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Jordan feels better soon. He may need some chicken noodle soup to go with those yummy crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi La! I have actually had these and they are yummy! I hope all is well at your house and you are staying warm!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids would love these. Yummy.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are addictive to me. When I start eating them, I just can't stop. Your recipe is a little different from mine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! These sound terrific! Thanks for linking them up for Tailgating Time. I hope you will be joining us for tour final shebang for the Super Bowl tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want to make these so bad, but every package of dry ranch mix I could find has MSG in it. I've been trying to search for a recipe without the dry ranch mix and with the spices I need for the taste of it, but without the msg. I am asthmatic and msg REALLY makes my asthma bad.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La