Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Celebrity Cook Along: Rachael Ray

If you know me well, you know I am a huge Rachael Ray fan I use her cookware, Bubble and Brown Casseroles, knives and other kitchen accessories.  I have several of her cookbooks and have only made one recipe from them that I didn't think was fabulous.

As you can imagine, I was thrilled when Lynn announced Rachael would be the August celebrity chef.  Woo-hoo!  In the past months, we celebrated Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Ree Drummond, Paula Deen, and the Pillsbury Doughboy.
The tough part about this month's challenge was choosing just one recipe to share.  After careful consideration, I chose Tandoori Chicken.  This chicken dish is packed with flavor.  I like to slice it thinly and serve it on warm Naan with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and Tzatziki Sauce.  
 
Let's cook!


Tandoori Chicken
1 Cup Greek Yogurt - regular plain yogurt works fine
2 Inches Grated Ginger Root
3 Cloves Grated Garlic 
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Coriander
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika - I used 1/4 t. paprika + 1/4 t. cumin
1/2 Teaspoon Tumeric 
1 Teaspoon Cardamom
1 Teaspoon Cumin
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
3 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts - I used 4 breasts and no thighs
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 500 to 550 degrees F, as high as it goes. Cover a baking sheet with foil and set a baking rack on top if you have one. 

Place yogurt in shallow dish and combine with ginger, grated garlic, chili powder, coriander, paprika, turmeric, cardamom, cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in sauce. Arrange on baking sheet and roast 20 to 25 minutes until juices run clear.  

You may also cook the chicken on the grill.
 YUMMO!
Puppy Love
 Bosco says Rachael Ray is his favorite celebrity chef, too.

Be sure to stop by 
HAPPIER THAN A PIG IN MUD 
to sample more Rachael Ray recipes.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

9 comments:

  1. This really does sound like a flavorful dinner, I've never had Tandoori Chicken, might just give it a try! A friend has some of the Bubble and Browns, she says they work great! Bosco looks so cute, thanks for playing along La:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. I didn't know she had dog food. Does Bosco love it. He's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn's parties are a great incentive to get out those cook books or check out the Food Network. Your recipe looks yummy, La!

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, girl...you are getting a jump start on this one. :)
    I love RR, too, and love most of her recipes.
    This one looks delicious.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy watching Rachel's show from time to time and her magaizine is great! This looks like a really flavorful chicken, and one I'd love as I like all those spices..tumeric is supposed to be very healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo is right~ love your mosaic with your question mark September chef! I forgot RR had a dog food brand, now I remember seeing Isaboo in commercials. No wonder Bosco is a fan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. La, That sounds really good, and healthy too. Dr. Oz praises turmeric as a health food. Thanks for sharing.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. The title of the recipe(Tandoori)sounds so exotic,but seems sooo easy,I will sure need to try this one,HEY LA! I love the mosiac and the shout out for ALL the cook along's that is so much fun and I was happy to be part of them ALL!
    Don't we just love Lynn and Earl!
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. La, this looks and sounds yummy, and just the kind of spicy food that we like to eat.
    I think I have all the ingredients already so will put this dish on the menu plan.
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by in Normandy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La