Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fort Pierce Farmers Market

One of my favorite things to do when I go to Florida, is going to the Fort Pierce Farmers Market at the marina. They have a wonderful variety of artisans, food vendors and produce. The market is held every Saturday morning, rain or shine.

My last day in Florida, this trip, was a Saturday. My cousin Melanie and her husband, Kurt; my Aunt Cheryl and I set out for the market early.


Check out these beautifully fresh fruits and vegetables.


We purchased a lot of vegetables, breads,
and dip mixes to make for dinner. YUM!

Let's look at some of the handmade wares being offered.


I bought a small purse to use while flying or going to auctions.

Hoola Hoop anyone?



Don't you love all the color?!

There is also a large tent where local authors sell autographed copies of their books. Cheryl, Melanie, and Kurt introduced me to an author they'd spoken to before.

Bob Morrissey is a retired police officer from Toledo, Ohio. He writes humorous books telling actual funny police stories from his years on the police force. As you know, my nephew is a police lieutenant so I asked Bob to sign a copy of 2nd Humorous Beat for him.


Bob has written several other books with a police theme, including A Cop's Gotta Laugh (fiction) and Humorous Beat. Korean Conflict War: Don't Take My Name, and Vagabonds are other non-police books by Bob. His books are available on Amazon and on shelves in your local bookstore.


I was getting hungry so I set out for something to eat. I found a vendor making crepes and boy did he make it look easy.


I'd like some strawberries on mine...

...and Nutella, please.

It was delicious!

A Four Man Trio (that's their name)
provided musical entertainment,
but the hit of the market was this little guy.

He was adorable, but he was
too busy to pose for a picture.

I'm linking to Inspiration Friday at Southern in my Heart.


20 comments:

  1. Good Morning La....Looks like a great place to visit in Ft. Pierce! My family is on the other side of the state(Sarasota) and they talk about their Farmer's Market all the time. Great colorful photos...those crepes looked delicious!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to festival like this in Roanoke, Va. where my in-laws live. We look forward to it every year! The crepes...oh my!
    And we love to get those yummy dip mixes, too.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great place to spend a sunny day! I just saw a few snowflakes in the air here in NY--aaarrggggh, I hate the snow.

    Your photos of the produce are great.

    My daughter and family, from Marion, are here for the weeknd

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm just looking at all that SUNSHINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love markets like this. I only wish we had one around here. This looks like a fun way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time, I bet the books are funny, We have a pastor that is an ex cop from LA and he has told some great stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore open markets like these. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of year round warm weather here. I did like seeing all of your colorful pictures and the crepe looked delicious. Love that Nutella!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun outing! We do enjoy open air markets, especially the Farmer's market. Everything is so fresh and appetizing. I'll take one of those crepes too.... Thanks for sharing. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very neat! I think there is something similar to this in Charleston every Saturday too, but I haven't been. My sister in law used to live there and has told me about it. Looks like an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon! I wish we had one near us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an array of color all over! Love the pooch! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love farmers markets,this looks like a wonderful one to visit.
    -Jo
    -LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Thank you so much for linking up this fun post to the party this week! What a great time you guys had and those crepes looked so delicious! Going to the Farmer's market is one of our favorite family outings and this one looks like one of the best! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun place to go. I have never tried Nutella before, but that crepe looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a great place to be for a lot of fun. My grands love Nutella so much that I had to skip picking up any once in a while ...it's rather expensive.......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give me that dress and the crepe and the hoola hoop to work off the crepe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what wonderful eye candy. I really love that dress....that dress had my name all over it! You didn't know that, because I am certain you would have picked it up for me:):) Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like fun La! I've never had a crepe, huh, might need to correct that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great place to visit! Thanks for dropping by, hope you'll give it a try...

    http://treatntrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like great fun...all those goodies and the veggies look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi La

    I have just ordered that book from Amazon UK after reading about Bob. My son is a "London Bobby" and he will enjoy the book I am sure.That looks a great place to visit and you could and probably did spend a lot of money!! Love Jackie in Surrey UK.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La