Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Special Request: Postcards from the Heart

Hello Friends!

I need your help. I received this email from a co-worker who knows the wonderful and inspiring teacher who wrote the following request. Please take a moment to make a difference in this little girl's life. Feel free to spread the word, too. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart. La

I am a fifth grade teacher in London, Ohio, and one of my most sincere and joyous students, Reagyn, has a brain tumor. It is now in stage three, and her family is being forced to move to Virginia for a few months so she can receive proton radiation from one of the best doctors in the country. Reagyn remains optimistic and spreads positive energy everywhere she goes. She helps others and puts everyone before herself. In fact, last week she headed a school wide campaign to start saving pop tabs so that Ronald McDonald would visit Children's Hospital in Columbus. Needless to say, there are a few thousand pop tabs already. Recently, we had a conversation about what she collects, and she said nothing, well except for SillyBandz; but what fifth grader doesn't? Then I asked her what she has always wanted to collect but never got the opportunity. She told me she wished she could receive "postcards from all over the world." Let's make this happen!

This is where my favor comes into play. We are asking anybody and everybody to send a little note of support and/or telling her something about your location on a POSTCARD. My entire class and our wonderful secretaries are helping Reagyn fulfill this dream. Please, please pass this email on to everyone you know. It would make a huge difference in Reagyn's life. She received her first postcard today from London, England!

She now has her own website at www.reagynsworld.weebly.com Feel free to leave her a short blog of support on her website.

All postcards can be sent to London Elementary at:

Reagyn Semler
c/o London Elementary
380 Elm Street
London, Ohio 43140


Thank you for your support!
Chad Reeser
5th grade teacher
London Elementary School
www.mrreesersclassroom.weebly.com



Special thanks to BJ at Sweet Nothings for making this button for my side bar.

13 comments:

  1. I don't have any postcards at home but I'll pick out a cute one today and get it off the her. You are such a sweet person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can count on us to help support this beautiful child. Will they allow a little gift to be sent? Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made a button and placed it on my sidebar, requesting post cards for her.
    You are welcome to use it, if you'd like.
    Bless her little heart...
    I will get my postcard to send today..
    You are very sweet to do this for your friend.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be sending one from my side of the globe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful thing to do. thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. may i copy & past this to my blog? Let me know & i'll get it done. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a post card that will be on the way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, what a story. One of my daughters is in the fifth grade. I cannot imagine. Wish I could send one from somewhere fun, but NC will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will buy an AZ postcard today and get it in the mail to this beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a teacher, this is close to my heart. One of my students passed away a few years ago and it was heart breaking. I will look for a special one and get it in the mail ASAP. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I received this message from Mr. Reeser today:

    I tried to blog on the site, but had trouble. So I copied and pasted it below...

    Thank you so much for helping us get postcards sent to Reagyn. She is truly a blessing to us all. I am her teacher and appreciate your kindness. By the way Anita, Ohioans think North Carolina is fun and would love to hear from there! Tammy we are sorry to say we are trying to discourage any gifts to our school. Postcards are indeed a great gift to her. Thank you for your help! Chad Reeser

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La