Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday Cheeseball: Cranberry and Gorgonzola


Do you ever see a recipe and you remember everything that is in it, but you don't remember the amounts? That's where I am on this cheeseball. Jordan asked for wings for dinner tonight and I thought this cheeseball would be a wonderful accompaniment instead of bleu cheese dressing. When I got home, I couldn't find the recipe...so this is what I came up with.


As you can see, it has all the traditional Christmas colors.


Holiday Cheeseball


8 Ounces Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Gorgonzola Crumbles
3 Tablespoons Red Bell Pepper, finely minced
3 Tablespoons Green Bell Pepper, finely minced
1/4 Cup Onion, finely minced
3 Tablespoons Dried Cranberries, chopped

Mix all the ingredients, from into a ball and roll in chopped nuts.

This was really good on celery. I think next time I will add some salt and garlic to taste.

I'm sharing this recipe with my friends' holiday parties: Jerri at Simply Sweet Home's Holly Bloggy Christmas, and Linda at Coastal Charm's Christmas Open House.

16 comments:

  1. That's beautiful La, lovin' the colors! I've never tried Gorgonzola before (sheltered life, I know:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi La, To have a cheeseball during the holiday with wings is perfect! Great Idea. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...sounds delicious. I just LUV a good cheese ball.

    Oh, and, yes, I did indeedy get a bell at the end of the train ride. And, I didn't include photos of him, but we had the BEST hobo ghost that INSISTED we all have HOT DOGS for Christmas dinner. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the best recipes are when we add a little of this and that. Your cheese ball looks delicious!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you did a great job. My hubby and I usually eat our bigger meal at lunchtime and will just have snacks at night. This would work good for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm...sounds good and colorful too!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMmm that looks nice. Here in England I have seen cranberries and stilton, but not Gorgonzola. Looks very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm...for some reason I am craving lunch right now...see ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds yummy! I will def have to try this. Thx for sharing and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well it certainly looks good. I think it is pretty hard to go wrong with a cheeseball...sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks soooo good. Yum! I and filing this for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was yummy! I love your cheese balls! I haven't tried one I haven't loved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a son that just adores cheese balls and this looks like a yummy one! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cheeseball looks delicious!

    Thank you for linking up for the Holly Bloggy Christmas Recipe Party. I'm featuring some of the recipes from the party on my blog later this week, and I've chosen your recipe to feature. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that's what I get for being behind in my blogging. I could have made this for my party this weekend instead of buying the premade cheese ball (yuck) at the store.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La