Google Website Translator Gadget

Friday, December 3, 2010

Mushroom Supreme


My nephews would never forgive me if I didn't make this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner. I apologize because it is not the most photogenic dish and it has been very dreary here so the lighting left a lot to be desired, but I assure you this side dish is delicious.


Mushrooms Supreme

2 Pounds Button Mushrooms
2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
1/2 Cup Hot Water
1/2 Stick Butter
2 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
Dask Pepper
1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs (I use plain)
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese

Saute mushrooms in butter in batches. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mushrooms to a prepared baking pan. Dissolve beef cubes in hot water.

Melt 1/2 stick butter and blend with flour. Add cream, salt, pepper and beef broth. Cook until thickened. Pour sauce over the mushrooms and top with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes in 350* oven.

ENJOY!

There's still time to enter
the giveaways on this hop.

I will be linking to Foodie Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds like just the sort of thing I would enjoy. I did laugh about what you said, I made a delicious lentil curry once, I tried to photogrpah ot for the bog, but it looked like cat-sick :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to bookmark to have with Christmas dinner. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything with mushrooms. My husband will eat them in things, but not in a stand alone dish like this, but my son would! I'll be making this...although it isn't all that pretty is it? It sort of looks green:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not pretty, you are right. But I can tell, this is delicious! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La