Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Treat for Santa


Can you believe Christmas is week? The weeks since Thanksgiving have flown by, haven't they? I'm on vacation starting Thursday and will be off until January 3. I'm excited!

This weekend I have been baking and making candy. Because you are all so special to me, I am sharing this easy and yummy candy recipe my friend, Sam gave me years ago. I'm giving you a recipe; however, the amounts and the ingredients may be changed around to your liking, as I have from the original recipe.


Sammy's Christmas Candy

6 Cups Corn Chex

4 Cups Cheerios
1 Jar Dry Roasted Peanuts
6 Cups Small Pretzel Twists
1 Pound M&Ms

1 Package of Almond Bark (I prefer the white)

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a very large bowl. Melt the almond bark in a double boiler (I set a bowl over a sauce pan with boiling water). Pour the melted chocolate over the dry mix and stir to coat. Spread the mixture out on sheet pans or waxed paper and allow to cool and set. Once it has set, break the candy into pieces and store in an airtight container.


Don't forget to leave some out for Santa.

I will be joining Joni at Red Couch Recipes for her It's a Wonderful Life party.



Merry Christmas! La


13 comments:

  1. Hi La, I do agree with you. Where has time gone. However, I do know each day has passed because I have posts to show for it. (my reality check) Your candy looks yummy and I know how you are looking forward to your vacation. Lucky you! Mine starts on Friday. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time has been flying, way too fast. I am excited that you get a break from work. Today is my first real day, no pay, but I am off. My dogs think sleeping in is til 7:30, geez Louise......but alot better than 5:00 a.m.
    More snow coming our way, love it.
    Have a Merry Christmas. So glad I got a chance to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy and dangerous to have in the house...lol...I'll have to wait and make it when more people are around. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I went to my annual cookie exchange this past weekend and I tested too many of them! Sounds like a simple and quick treat for the holidays! My hubby is off the exact same days as you! Enjoy your time off!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your holiday! I am going somewhere clean and where they have a cooker LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll eat anything with Chex in it. That looks wonderful. 0 calories, right? I mean it has cereal and nuts in it so it's sort of like granola.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the best part is the pound of M&M's! Thank you for your kind words it is always a pleasure to visit and see what your up to. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always a roller coaster ride from the time kids go back to school to the end of the year! Enjoy your vacation, a couple weeks off sounds great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The month of December has really flown by for me as I was away for 10 days in Colorado the middle of it. I am still playing "catch up" but I'm enjoying the season.

    Enjoy your days off! Have a very happy and blessed Christmas and a healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello La,
    your recipe sounds easy and yummy. Alas I don't get all of those nice ingredients here. But I will do it similar with other sweets.
    Yes, time is running and so in a few days we have Christmas.
    Wis you a nice Christmas time.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be calling it, "A Treat for Sue." No sharing here.... I am just craving everything SUGAR!!!! And I can't stop after putting the first bite in my mouth! Aaaggghhh...... You'll see me in the spring and see me big as a house! What fun pictures of you at the zoo. I haven't been there for ages! Took Dan there when he was still in grade school, I think. I woulda loved to have seen Jack Hannah. He's been here in Dayton for a few appearances. Funny guy.
    Enjoy your time off and don't get into any trouble with Santa or any of his elves, okay? Merry Merry, my friend! hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and oh so easy! Santa would be so happy with that treat, he might even eat it!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Santa enjoyed your snack. Happy Vacation. Thanks for linking to my "It's Your Wonderful Life" party. Joni

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La