Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, June 5, 2011

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It Says Goodyear on It?

Hello Friends!

Did you find pointless ways to spend your weekend?  It was a busy weekend here with an auction, birthday party, and gardening all on Saturday's agenda.  

Speaking of gardening, a few nights ago, I was watering the garden when I heard a familiar and distinct sound.  I looked up to the sky and saw my friends in the Goodyear Blimp.  Each year, they fly over my house en route to Akron, which is this ship's home.  They had been in Indianapolis for the race.  

They were directly over my neighbors house, but by the time I got my camera and ran out the front door, they were moving away from my neighborhood.  I was able to click these two quick shots.  

This picture gives you some idea of how low they were flying.

I've debated whether to share this story, but I decided you would appreciate this typical La situation.  As I said, the blimp is a familiar sight and sound and I showed you how low they fly. 

Well, the first time I heard it was when I was much younger.  I was showering when I heard this unusual sound for the very first time.  I tried to figure out what it was because it doesn't sound like a plane...or a mower...or a motorcycle.  What is that?  It sounded so close...

Did I mention our bathroom window is in the bathtub?

I just HAD to see what was making that noise so I pulled back the curtain to look out and there it was.  OVER MY BACKYARD!  UP CLOSE AND VERY PERSONAL!
Did the flight crew see anything?  Is it a coincidence the blimp flies over my neighborhood every spring?  You decide.


I will be sharing this post at Blue Monday and Outdoor Wednesday.

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!

14 comments:

  1. Oh wow, how perfect for Blue Monday!! I love it! Every year at the Rose Parade in California, we used to see the Goodyear blimp...I was always so excited as a kid...Your pictures reminded me of how happy I was to see it!

    I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

    Hmmm...you didn't hear me all the way from here when I got so excited about the magazine? lol

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You teasing the boys in the Blimp La??? I've never seen one very close, just over stadiums and waaaaay up high! Happy Sunday:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooops, you will always wonder. I saw the blimp tonight coming home through Dublin. The one I saw on one side said Direct TV.
    Now La quit flashing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello La,
    yes, sure they saw you. Thats the reason why they came back every spring to see how you are living today. Just kidding!
    I loved to see this blimps when I was a kid.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quick! Pull that curtain!

    Happy Blue Monday, La!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story. From the few times I have seen it I do not remember it moving all that fast. I think I would have had time to finish watering the lawn and stroll into the house to get the camera before it had gone too far. Then again, when I see it it tends to be circling an event...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute story and a very close-up picture.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a tease...lol.....Too close for my comfort though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that explains why they hover over your backyard. They must have liked what they saw! I grew up close to the blimp factory. And my sister's best friend married a blimp pilot. You'd think I would have gotten a ride in one at some point in my life, but no such luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. La- I knew there was something strange about you the first time I met ya! You're an exhibitionist! LOL
    woo hoo You crazy girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen the Goodyear Blimp in a long time...hope you were smiling and waving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course that is why they fly over every time. They probably had a camera and there is a lovely video of you at your bathroom window on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La