Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thrifting Finds


Hello Friends.

One of the wonderful revelations I can attribute to blogging is the initiation into the world of thrifting.  Aside from shopping at the Dollar Tree, I had never thrifted.  I had never been to a thrift store, a yard/garage sale, or an auction.  I KNOW, RIGHT?  Now, I hate to pay full price for anything.

This is the first time, in a very long time, I have some thrifty buys to share with all of you.  I am an estate auction junky.  I love to bring home vintage items that hold wonderful memories.  Although they are not my memories, I think you can just sense when something has been loved. 

I went to an auction, at the beginning of the month, with mixed success.  I missed out on a kitchen pantry because the auctioneer didn’t catch my bid and I had to leave before a collection of unique silhouettes were auctioned.  I was sad about missing out on those two items, but I did win a few items that I love. 

I spent $28.50 and walked away with a sweeper ($22.50) and…
Copper Kettle
Crystal Relish Tray

Sadler Teapot

Hand Forged Tin Bowl

Vintage Flatware
Are you a thrifter?  

Something all shoppers need, whether they are bargain hunters, farmers market consumers, or simply environmentally conscious is a tote bag.  Check out this fantastic blogging tote.  How many times a week do you say to yourself, I am SO blogging this?


Guess what?


This blogging tote can be yours.  
It is part of the One-Year Blogiversary Giveaway Package 
I am offering to one lucky winner.  

Want to win it?  

YOU KNOW YOU DO!

Come back tomorrow to enter this fun giveaway.  
There will be something for everyone 
in this spectacular collection of goodies....
and a surprise or two.


MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!
  

 

19 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I have always enjoyed runnage sales and charity shops. There was a time when that was all I could afford.

    Now I think it's the bargain hunter/tresure hunter in me, that enjoys spotting something unusual and interesting.
    Much more satisfying than spending a small fortune on one item from a big store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You completely rocked it! I'm super jealous about that kettle and tea pot. I'm a true tea lover and I would have jumped on both of those too. I need to start checking out some of the estate auctions near me. While I've done all kinds of other thrifting stuff, haven't made it tot he auctions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good auction or estate sale. I thought the flatware looked familiar so I enlarged the photo, and sure enough, it is my grandmother's patter. I have one place setting, because when my grandmother died, each of her granddaughters was given one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a garage/estate sales visitor since I was a kid. Our mom started us and now Jackie and I are both 50 something and still going strong. Love your finds, especially the two tea pots. Have a great week,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi La, I had done some thrifting and yardsales, stopped, but now blogging has brought me back in. You never know what you will find, it really is a thrill to uncover something. You found some great stuff, love the Sadler teapot. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi La, I could be writing this very post myself--but as you know I am a very slow blogger!!! I have learned thrifting and crafting and at least twice a day I say to myself that this is a blog topic and where is my camera??? I really need that bag! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi So jealous at your findsBravo! my fav is that cute tea pot. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go thrifting but I feel like I need to LOVE something before I want to make it part of my family. That keeps my purchases really low. I do love to look at everybody else's treasures though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found some really fun things La! Love the tote bag, that's too funny:@)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, never thrifted before in my life - lol! I am with you though. Other than garage sales with my Mom when I was in High School, I had never been to garage sales and thrift stores as an adult. I am addicted now though. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi La! Yes, I love me a bargain and love putsing through things. Love that tea pot!
    be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your teapot and your hand forged metal dish! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I am a Thrift Store shopper, I have three favorites and a couple I run into occasionally.
    I have found many lovely things over the years at TS"s.
    See you tomorrow!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. La,
    Your scored some wonderful finds!! Love the tea kettle and the tea pot! Awesome!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi La,
    You sure scored--woo hoo!!! If you get a chance, pop over to my blog...I want you to see something!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, What great finds. Love the teapot. Welcome to the world of thrifting.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like thrift store, and some time I find things that are really fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love thrifting and yard sales. We don't have too many estate sales in my area, though, I do try to attend them when we do.

    You found some wonderful things. I was drawn immediately to that beautiful teapot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been a junker since I was a toddler. My grandma would take me with her to yard sales. Now I do it with my kids. Fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La