Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Accueillir a ma Roseraie

Welcome to my Rose Garden!

After months of planning and shopping and hunting and cleaning and scraping and painting and moving furniture in and out, my unloved bedroom is finally complete. Whew!

If you will recall, all this started with the purchase of a pretty little pink table.
Pink was my mother's favorite color and she was, and still is, the rose of our family. With this purchase, a dream of what I wanted this room to look like was born.

This time, I got it right. I won't be asked to do a magazine shoot any time soon, but that's ok. This room turned out warm, and romantic, and girlie....and Mom-like. Bliss.

Let's take a look.

The wall color is Bermuda Sand. It is such an improvement, don't you think?

I bought this bedding on eBay from the sweetest seller, Merrie. Check her out next time you are in the neighborhood. I am so happy with this bedspread; it is coupled with a bed skirt I found at a thrift store early on.


A word about hanging plates. I took Rhoda's advice and ordered Disc Hangers. They are inexpensive, easy to use, arrive quickly, and Stanley gives excellent customer service with a personal touch.
If you have been reading for a while, you probably recognize many of these items from earlier posts. Everything, except the box, were previously loved.

This hankie was part of a miscellaneous box I found at auction for $3.00. It has some French words along the border. I pinned it with this sweet rose pin I found at the Carousel Antique Mall, in Mansfield, Ohio, when I went to pick up the chair. It's coming, don't you worry.
Why do televisions have to be so ugly? It sticks out like a sore thumb. OUCH! I tried to divert your attention with fresh roses. Remember the picture of the rose from this post? It was one of these. I took the picture with my phone using only the light from my ugly television. I guess since it acts as mood lighting for pictures, I'll let it stay in the room.
More fresh roses on my bedside table.
Aren't they pretty?
No, I'm not going to buy two
dozen roses every week or two.


Vintage post cards I purchased
at the Carousel Antique Mall.


Now, my favorite part of the room.

Let's break it down.

When I saw Tracey's bedroom, I knew an old window would find a home in my room. I found this one at a flea market in Mansfield, Ohio for $5.00.



19 comments:

  1. La - I LOVE your room! You did such a beautiful job at putting all your "finds" together! And, the chair was definitely meant to be yours!

    Thanks for sharing your sweet rose room!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. La....Your room looks great! I can tell that it is making you very happy! Just think...I have seen your chair in "person"! I hope you have many restful and tranquil nights in your newly decorated bedroom!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your bedroom transformation is fabulous!!!
    Good Job putting all your wonderful finds together. Love the wall color and the window on the wall.
    Relax and enjoy your beautiful room.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bedroom! I love the wall color too. You have done a great job with all the details. The roses are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is gorgeous needs to be in a magazine. You do excellent work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go again!!! Man it's beautiful. Mom would have loved it. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is gorgeous. I especially like the plates on the wall (love those disc hanger things) and the bedspread. Oh and the flowered/pink chair. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi La, Your bedroom looks beautiful. Every little corner is perfect. You must have worked so hard. What a pretty feature, those plates on the wall. I wish I could make my bedroom look a fraction as good. I feel inspired! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely delightful! I am so looking forward to fixing up my new bedroom. Yours loks very feminine and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your room turned out beautiful! I'm really lovin' the wall color and linens, the shot with the curtains blowing in is great!
    That Fenton basket your roses are in looks like one I have and love-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful. I love all of the touches you put into this room. Very pretty.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty, La! Love all of the roses and the window looks great! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous. I'm going to pack my bags in October and come to visit! Really beautifully done. That chair is scrumptious and so is the rest of the room! Love the bedspread and all the little touches! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. La, it is absolutely beautiful! Your room should be in a magazine. I love the bedspread and pillows and the cute little window.I like your plates too...You just did a fabulous job on everything!Thanks for sharing. I had been waiting to see it and then I was out of town for the reveal. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there - I'm not surprised you like my pink lamp. It wouldn't look out of place in your new bedroom. What a great makeover you gave it, so pretty and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh it's STUNNING! I know you are so proud of how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. La, it looks so pretty and feminine! Love it! I need to get some of those disc hangers I keep hearing about! It sounds like you would recommend them too!!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi La! You're so sweet to mention me :) I'm sorry it has taken me so long to come by. Your room turned out so amazing!!! It's just beautiful...each and every loving detail!!!

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love the vignettes you've created. I could just move right in! (I won't, don't worry.)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La