Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday, August 23, 2010

Wopat Auction: Day 2

As promised, here are a few of the other things I found this weekend at the Wopat Auction and Goodwill.

First, I found this pitcher and bowl at Goodwill for $3.00. I think it will come in handy this fall…

Goodwill also had this wooden tray for $2.00. Maybe I’ll actually organize my kitchen table, which currently serves as a dropping off point for everyone. I think I'm expecting a lot for only $2.00!

Finally, I found this sweet set of vintage china. There are only a few pieces, but I thought it was pretty and I was mainly interested in the small platter.

The entire set was $5.00.

On to the auction for Day 2 (read about Day 1 HERE):

A note about auctions: sometimes the auctioneer throws a couple of items together to sweeten the pot. More times than not, I’m only interested in one of the items. Other times, it works out nicely.



This French pitcher, pink (yes, it is actually pink) candy dish, and marble bowl went for only $5.00 for all three. I seem to have a new found love for pitchers, especially French ones. Not sure what I will do with the bowl, but I do like the candy dish.

I fell for this hand-painted German teacup and saucer. It is so dainty and artist was very talented.

The auctioneer added this unique Japanese teacup and saucer and I was able to get both for $10.00.

I like the little feet on the teacup.

I bought this serving set for $5.00. I think it will be perfect for serving shrimp and cocktail sauce during the holidays. The base is silver. I used silver polishing cream twice and it is still quite tarnished. I think I’m going to have to work on it a while.

I liked this floor lamp for my bedroom.
The auctioneer included this second
one in for one money: $5.00!

I promised Debbie I would spotlight the table linens, but I don't want to wear you our. I will show those to you in a day or two when it is sunny and I can get some good shots.

I’m linking this post to Linda’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday’s. Stop over and see what everyone is up to.

7 comments:

  1. great finds! i especially love the german teacup and saucer - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm lovin' your new candy dish it will be great for the fall! The tea cups are just beautiful, and I'm guessing the fun "shot glasses" on the dip bowl are really for new and used toothpicks??? (you can't take me anywhere!) Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo many GREAT treasures...thanks for showing them off at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope you are having a fun time here!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK La, I'll wait a little longer to see those linens. I loved the teacups, especially the oriental. My Mother collects all things Oriental and would have a fit over the teacup and saucer so it's a good thing she wasn't at the auction.LOL
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! GREAT BUYS AND BETTER STILL GREAT PRICES!
    I`M HOPING TO GO TO MY LOCAL AUCTION TONIGHT!
    FINGERS CROSSED AND I WILL BE AS LUCKY AS YOU!

    HUGS,

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got some great deals at that auction. Loved the box-o-silver from your other post and those lamps are great. The second one looks so familiar. It will drive me nuts until I remember where I have seen one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea cup finds are fabulous! I'm in the process of collecting china tea cups for a Mad Hatter tea party next spring. So of course, that is what caught my eye.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La