Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Count Down to P-Day

If you have been reading for a while, you know that I'm collecting items for my bedroom makeover. While I'm in the final days of preparation before tackling this project, I still need to find a bedspread or quilt and to buy the window treatments.

This week I visited my favorite consignment shop, Ubberhaus. For $30 I was able to bring these items home.
The shelf is a substantial piece and will serve as the foundation for the old 6-pane window frame I bought at a flea market last week. The easel will hold a chalkboard or picture frame, depending on how my chalkboard project turns out. I've been searching for a pitcher like this pink one for quite some time. I love the lines; however, the color has to go. It is just too bold for the bedroom design.
Here's a closeup of the floral piece. I plan to hang it over the bedroom door; although that may change once I'm in the room and putting it all together.

Later today, I will begin painting the small pieces and packing up all the non-essentials.

I will be linking up to parties hosted by Rhoda (Southern Hospitality), Debbie (Debbiedoos Loves Livin in the Carolinas) and Linda (Coastal Charm). Hop over and visit these wonderful ladies. You'll be glad you did!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you have got things all lined up and have a plan.I can't wait to see pictures!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi La! Great finds! I love the floral piece! I'm working on my bedroom, too! Can;t wait to see the reveal! I hope you are having a great weekend!..hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My bedroom is on my todo list also......If it was not that I wanted to repaint it, I would have it done! Hope you find the bedspread!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some wonderful things. I love the floral piece you are putting over the door. Roses my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bedrooms are fun projects and the you will be so happy when it is done. Love that shelf....thanks for joining in on the party this weekend. Have a great week. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You got some great items. Love the shelf, I have been wanting to do something like that over my sofa for months now and haven't found the right shelf yet. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all! I am very interested in your window pane project. I love the antique window idea and am looking at purchasing one myself, I just need a project to use it for! BTW I love Ohio! Especially Cedar Point! Here in MN we have the knock off Valley Fair (which they own) but it isn't as good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the floral piece. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La