Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Revamped Thrifty Finds

Remember the old frames I bought at the flea market in Mansfield a while back? Let me refresh your memory...


Ahhh...now you remember. They were only $1 each, but were a little sad looking as they were. So, I showed them a little love last weekend. It's amazing what a little ivory and red spray paint, antiquing glaze, and chalkboard paint can do to liven something up.


Want an up close look?




I'm happy with the results. I wasn't done there though. I was spraying everything in sight with ivory paint. The neighbors black cat now looks like Pepe le Pew...

I jest.

I did however transform the pitcher I bought at a consignment shop last week. Remember the pink one?

From this...

To this!
I'm linking to Transformation Thursdays. Go over and see what others are up to.

17 comments:

  1. Hi La...Those turned out really great! I love how you made the little chalkboards instead of just doing a mirror or picture frame. Good thinking! The pitcher looks entirely different! Wonderful transformations!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the frames. I think I will be looking a little closer at empty, sad frames at garage sales from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi La,
    Great transformation! I love the chalkboard idea and the pink pitcher--fabulous. Good job!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frames and the ornamentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great transformations. Lovvvve the frames.

    Thanks for visiting me over at Pittypat Paperie. Drop by again anytime Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those picture frames look wonderful La!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chalkboards! Thanks so much for stopping by Blue Cricket Design & commenting on my feature post. I'd love for you to visit me at my blog sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chalk board is so wonderful! What kind of wood or backing did you spray the chalkboard paint on?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comments everyone. I applied one coat of primer and two coats of the chalkboard paint directly onto the glass. Chalkboard paint is so easy to manage. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on those frames! I like the way you made them into chalkboards. And I love what you did with the pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic, I love them...these should be in my Garage salen party too:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi La, These are fantastic. I love the jug, it looks as if it should be for sale in one of those really expensive shops. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good chalkboard! I worked on some yesterday!
    great job on them, and the pitcher.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so amazing what a can or two of spray paint can do. It's great what you did with the frames and the chalkboard paint...I love that stuff. Re-use and re-purpose, that's my motto.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great transformations! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little pitcher! It looks like zinc!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi La!
    I love your makeovers, It looks so beautiful:))
    I am your newest follower, come to visit me.
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La