Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Beef Sandwiches

Today I am joining my friends for Foodie Friday. Come over and check out all the great recipes.

I'm bringing a recipe that was one of my mother's signature recipes. She often made these for family get-togethers and her Christmas open house. If I had to describe it, I would say it is a cross between Sloppy Joes and Meatloaf. This will certainly become a family favorite at your house, too.

Hot Beef Sandwiches

1 Pound Ground Beef
1/2 Pound Fresh Sausage
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Onions, diced
1 Cup Celery, chopped
1 Egg
1 Cup Tomato Puree
1/2 Cup Cracker Crumbs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Simply mix all the ingredients together, I use my clean hands. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 3 hours, stirring often.

I normally double this recipe, even if it isn't for a party because it freezes nicely. Leftovers are perfect for burritos or taco baked potatoes. YUM!

Be sure to go HERE and sign up for my giveaway, which includes mystery items. I've already added three items and am going to a two-day auction this weekend, I know! Don't miss out! The drawing will be Sunday morning. Good luck!

I also want to send a special Happy Birthday to my Auntie Mare whose birthday is today. She just got out of a physical rehabilitation facility yesterday; just in time for her birthday. Happy Birthday, Auntie Mare! We love you! La

6 comments:

  1. Interesting recipe. Sounds really good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, looks even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh,the memories of Christmas' past-they were the best. Thanks for sharing your Mom's recipe. I had it once, but must have lost it. I'll definitely give it a try again. Have I told you how proud and in awe of you that I am? Hope to see you around Sept 3 or 4th. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe, sounds yummy.
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. We call it glop at our house and I mean that in a good way. We love our glop and you will hear lots of comments here of "good glop". lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! i love sloppy joes and I love meatloaf so this sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La