Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, August 8, 2010

World's Longest Yard Sale: Van Wert, Ohio

Hello Friends!

I am worn out today. I'm in fairly good condition; I walk at least a mile a day, and I always take the stairs to my third floor cubicle at work. I felt well prepared for yesterday's shopping marathon. Silly, silly woman.

Yesterday, marked my maiden voyage to the 23rd annual World's Longest Yard Sale . If you are unfamiliar with the sale, also known as the Route 127 Corridor Sale, it is 675 miles of yard sales. I know! It runs from Hudson, Michigan south to Gadsden, Alabama.

I packed some healthy snacks, string cheese and grapes, and several bottles of water. Sporting comfortable shorts, a sleeveless top,
white cotton socks, tennis shoes and sunglasses the "bus" (my car) set off at 8:00 AM.

My trek began in Van Wert, Ohio. Van Wert is an hour and a half drive northwest from my home. It is a beautiful town with amazing architecture and friendly people. Next to the parking lot, was the county historical museum. Let's take a look.

An old homestead on the museum grounds.

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair,
so that I may climb the golden stair.

Oh yeah, I did do some shopping in Van Wert, too.




Grand total expenditure in Van Wert: $1.75. Woohoo! Let's move on to Celina.

Let's party! Join me at Rhoda's and Debbie's.

13 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh what fun. Love the goodies you were able to get. Great prices!!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun seeing this through your photos~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lamp...lucky you! Can't wait to see your other finds!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like soooooo much fun though...I bet there where so many people too....what a cute lamp, and very pretty little mirrors. Thanks for joining in on the party. I sure look forward to more. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by:) Does anyone ever "complete" the biggest yard sale from one end to the other??? LOL Looking forward to more thrifting treasures!
    Have a blessed weekend
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yard sale sounds like so much fun! Lovin' your mirrors and that's a cute plate-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even realize it went into Ohio. For some reason I thought it was a southern states thing. So now I'm kicking myself for not heading out to it. Cute plate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so jealous! I want to do that yard sale so bad. Maybe one day I will make the trip! Looks like you got some great finds! Love the lamp and those little mirror too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I have that same lampshade! I got it at a garage sale last summer! I would have loved to have gone to that longest garage sale if I lived closer. Must be on the west side of the state? Can't wait to see what else you found!~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey big spender! Glad you had fun. What a cute little lamp, too. I'll get down the pike one of these times....
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is on my bucket list, you are living my dream. I think HGTV has done specials on this in past years. Can't wit for your next post!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lucky you! I think I need to travel to that sale someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that lamp. It is gorgeous. Great find. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment. I read every message and appreciate that you took the time to say hello.

See you soon! La